DIEM Book 1 is available in 7 different clefs, to suit all instruments.
Starting with pieces covering a range of just a 5th, and progressing to music stretching over two octaves, this book is designed for many uses:
- For those beginning to learn an instrument and looking for some melodies to enjoy playing as they develop: Many of the tunes included here have been popular throughout Europe ever since they first appeared in the 16th or 17th centuries. The pieces are taken from both sacred and secular sources from all over Europe and includes vocal and instrumental music.
- To learn to read different clefs or play in different pitches: DIEM Book 1 is available in treble (G2), soprano (C1), mezzo-soprano (C2), alto (C3), tenor (C4), baritone (F3), and bass (F4). The easy progression from simple to more advanced music means you start out with just a few notes to learn for each piece, and can build familiarity from there.
- Ornamentation. Many of the catchy, popular melodies included here are a perfect basis upon which to add ornaments. Clear examples of how the melodies might be embellished are given in the especially written variations. These are designed to enable players of all levels to start to hone their skills and develop confidence.
DIEM Book 1 is available exclusively as a downloadable PDF and costs €12
* denotes a melody with specially written variation(s)
- Helas Madame: Henry VIII
- Gavotte: Michael Praetorius
- Bransle Double 1: Michael Praetorius
- Pastime: Henry VIII
- La Canarie: Michael Praetorius
- Allemande: Tant Que Vivrai: Moritz Von Hessen
- Schiarazula Marazula: Giorgio Mainerio
- Tedescha: Giorgio Mainerio
- Bransle Double I: Michael Praetorius
- Bransle Courant: Michael Praetorius
- Une Mousse De Biscaye* : Anon
- La Cornetta: Anon.
- La Parma: Giorgio Mainerio
- Bergerette San Roch: Tielman Susato
- Bransle Double III: Michael Praetorius
- Gavotte II: Michael Praetorius
- Bransle De Villages: Michael Praetorius
- Bransle De Villages II: Michael Praetorius
- Ronde : Tielman Susato
- Psalm 68*: Philibert Jambe De Fer
- The Silver Swan*: Orlando Gibbons
- Philov: Michael Praetorius
- Den IX Ronde: Tielman Susato
- Branle: Tielman Susato
- Come away, Come sweet love*: John Dowland
- Amarilli Mia Bella: Giulio Caccini
- Pavan: Anthony Holborne
- Nachtegael: Jacob Van Eyck
- Come Again*: John Dowland
- Bransle de la Royne: Michael Praetorius
- La Bouree: Michael Praetorius
- La Spagnoletta: Michael Praetorius
- L’Homme Armé: Johannes Regis
- Courrant: Anon.
- Galliard: Anthony Holborne
- Gray’s Inn The First: Giovanni Coperario
- Bransle Double (V): Michael Praetorius
- Amarilleken*: Jacob Van Eyck
- For Cornets & Sagbuts ‘Ayre I’: John Adson
- Almayne: Anthony Holborne
- Est-ce Mars*: Pierre Guédron
- For Cornets & Sagbuts ‘Ayre II’: John Adson
- Daphne*: Anon.
- Ave Maris Stella*: Claudio Monteverdi
- Courrant I: Michael Praetorius
- Courrant II: Michael Praetorius
- Courrant III: Michael Praetorius
- Une Jeune Fillette*: Jean Chardevoine
- Greensleeves*: Henry VIII
- Recercada Preimera: Diego Ortiz